Dear Mouthy Housewives,
I’ve been married for twelve wonderful years. Until this year, when my husband decided a few months ago to get his eyebrows waxed into thin little things that I find completely repulsive. It’s just so effeminate and eww.
I know that the trend is for men to get beauty treatments and be all metrosexual, but that’s not what I looked for in a life partner.
I told him that it’s a real turn off and he doesn’t understand what the big deal is. The big deal is that it’s a turn-off. He has done it twice so far and OMFG, what if he keeps doing it?
Any tips on how to get him to knock it off?
Dear Unibrow Fan,
It’s always fun to see how the whole What’s Good For The Gander Is Good For the Goose thing plays out in real life, isn’t it?
After years of watching you go through tweezings, bleachings, waxings and Botoxing (I’m just guessing here) the poor guy wanted to give it a shot and this is the thanks that he gets? Hmph. How would you feel if it turned him off that you vote in the primaries because he considers the right to vote masculine?
This is the thin line that you’re walking, lady. And it’s way thinner than your husband’s new eyebrows.
So if you have a solid marriage and you already told him that you don’t love the new look, drop it. Part of marriage is supporting each other’s choices. And you will need his support when you opt for the fashion trends that are predicted for this summer (bell bottom jeans, help us all.)
I have three suggestions, presented in no particular order, but with 1 being the best and 3 being the worst.
1. Let it go. They’re his eyebrows.
2. Avert your eyes whenever speaking to him and keep them tightly shut during intimate moments. (Them = eyes; Intimate moments = sex).
3. Withhold sex until his eyebrows grow out. The longer, the better.
Good luck with your decision,
Today’s the last day to enter our great giveaway for Stefanie Wilder-Taylor’s great new book! Just leave a comment!
15 Responses to “Are You Surprised Or Did You Get Your Brows Waxed?”
Consider Checking Out...
- Mouthing Off: Girls Can Be Pretty And Good At Math
- My 7 Year Old Neighbor Thinks She Owns Our Home! I Think She Needs to Get Some Manners And Go Away!
- I Read Your Blog, Why Won’t You Read Mine?
- The Mouthy Housewives Interview Wendi Mclendon-Covey
- All You Volunteer Soccer Moms Are Getting on My Nerves